About Our Office
The Budget Office is a division of Business Affairs that reports directly to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Administration. The primary responsibility of the Budget Office is to allocate and monitor all budgeted funds appropriated by the North Carolina General Assembly as directed by the Board of Governors of the University of North Carolina System. All allocations are subject to mandates, regulations, and procedures established by the North Carolina Office of State Budget and Management in compliance with the State of North Carolina General Statutes, The University of North Carolina System-General Administration and the State Controller's Office. Monitoring certain Institutional Trust Funds is also included in the responsibilities.
Our Goal: To assist all areas of the University in developing and administering a comprehensive spending plan to support the total mission of Appalachian State University.
Location and Hours
Our office is located in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs, Third Floor, Suite 305, B.B. Dougherty Administration Building.
Our hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please contact us for more information.
Latest Budget Communications
- Closing Dates for Fiscal Year 2015-2016 - March 18, 2016
- Closing Dates for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 - February 27, 2015
- Chancellor Everts' Message to Faculty and Staff - August 7, 2014
- Fiscal Year-End Funding 2013-2014 - June 10, 2014
- Banner Finance Training Manual Update - May 1, 2014
- Budget and Spending Update for the Remainder of of Fiscal Year 2013-2014 - April 3, 2014
- Closing Dates for Fiscal Year 2013-2014 - February 24, 2014
- Chancellor Peacock's Message to Campus - August 23, 2013
- Statement from UNC President Tom Ross on House Budget Proposal FY 2013-2014 - June 13, 2013
- Closing Dates for Fiscal Year 2012-2013 - February 14, 2013
Budget Update from Chancellor Peacock - August 4, 2011
Travel Subsistence Rates Revision - July 18, 2011
Change in IRS Mileage Rate - July 5, 2011
Suspension of State Fund Cash Allotments - June 23, 2011
Reimbursement of Third Party Lodging Form - March 22, 2011
Closing Dates for Fiscal Year 2010 - 2011 - February 23, 2011
Budget Update from Chancellor Peacock - Governor's Proposed Budget - February 18, 2011
Budget Update from Chancellor Peacock - January 27, 2011
Budget Update from Chancellor Peacock - January 18, 2011